This post is a follow-up and extra to our recent mega-post on how and why you should cleanse and detox your body to lose weight – if you didn’t read it yet, check it out before you read this 7-day flat belly cleanse plan!
Rather than following an extreme detox plan that limits just about every food except fruit and veg while at the same time getting you to down a nasty ‘detox’ drink every day, this plan is safer and more sensible and shouldn’t leave you short on nutrients if you follow it for just one week.
Cleanse & Detox Pro-Tip:
Foods to Include in The Plan
Your plan can include:
- Fruit – your plan can include any fruit including fresh, frozen, dried or canned in natural fruit juice. This includes apples, bananas, pears, oranges, grapefruit, satsumas, sultanas, raisins, pineapple, mango, kiwi fruit, strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, nectarines, peaches, melons, star fruit etc – Click For more fat burning fruits
- Fruit juice – either make homemade fruit juices or smoothies from fresh fruit, or drink ready-made juices. Make sure ready-made juices are labelled as being ‘pure’ or ‘unsweetened’.
- Vegetables – eat any vegetables including fresh, frozen or canned in water (without salt added). This includes carrots, onions, turnip, swede, sprouts, cabbage, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn, peppers, leeks, courgettes, broccoli, cauliflower, salad, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions etc
- Beans and lentils – eat any beans, including those that have been dried or canned in water. This includes red kidney, haricot, cannellini, butter, black eye, pinto, red lentils, green lentils and brown lentils
- Tofu and Quorn
- Oats – sprinkle oats over fresh fruit or use to make porridge, sweetened with honey and fresh fruit
- Potatoes – all types
- Brown rice and rice noodles
- Rye crackers, rice cakes and oatcakes
- Fresh fish – eat any fresh fish including cod, plaice, mackerel, salmon, lobster, crab, trout, haddock, tuna, prawns, Dover sole, red mullet, halibut, lemon sole, monkfish, swordfish etc. Canned fish in water is suitable too eg salmon or tuna
- Unsalted nuts – eat any including Brazil, peanuts, almonds, cashew, hazel nuts, macadamia, pecans, pine nuts, pistachio, walnuts etc
- Unsalted seeds – eat any including sunflower and pumpkin
- Plain popcorn – without sugar or salt
- Live natural yoghurt
- Extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Garlic, ginger and fresh herbs
- Ground black pepper
- Water – at least 2 litres a day. Tap or mineral water is fine.
- Herbal or fruit teas
Foods to Avoid During Your Detox
- Red meat, chicken, turkey and any meat products like sausages, burgers, and pate
- Milk, cheese, eggs, cream
- Butter and margarine
- Any food that contains wheat including bread, croissants, cereals, cakes, biscuits, pies, pastry, quiche, battered or breadcrumbed foods, etc
- Crisps and savoury snacks including salted nuts
- Chocolate, sweets, jam and sugar
- Processed foods, ready meals, ready-made sauces and takeaways
- Coffee and tea
- Sauces, pickles, shop bought salad dressing, mayonnaise
- Fizzy drinks and squashes, including diet versions
Detox Plan Breakfasts
- Banana porridge – Porridge made with water and topped with natural yoghurt, banana, raisins and sweetened with honey.
- Fruit salad with yoghurt and oats – Fresh fruit salad with natural yoghurt and a sprinkling of oats.
- Fresh fruit smoothie – Fruit smoothie made from fresh fruit, natural yoghurt and honey to sweeten if needed.
- Muesli and yoghurt – Homemade muesli made from oats, seeds, nuts and dried fruit served with natural yoghurt.
- Fresh fruit and yoghurt – Fresh fruit and a pot of natural yoghurt sweetened with honey.
Detox Plan Lunches
- Vegetable soup and oatcakes – Large bowl of vegetable or lentil soup (either homemade or supermarket ‘fresh’) with oatcakes.
- Tuna and sweetcorn jacket potato and salad – Jacket potato topped with tuna (canned in water) mixed with sweetcorn and natural yoghurt and served with salad.
- Mediterranean salad with rice cakes – Rice cakes served with rocket, avocado, tomatoes, fresh basil and black pepper. Plus a handful of unsalted nuts.
- Guacamole with crudités – Homemade guacamole made from avocado, lemon juice, fresh chilli, tomatoe and garlic served with vegetable crudités and oatcakes.
- Tzatziki with crudités – Homemade tzatziki made from natural yoghurt, garlic, cucumber and lemon juice served with vegetable crudités and oatcakes.
- Avocado and prawn salad – Fresh avocado served with prawns, salad, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice.
- Jacket potato with grilled cod – Grilled cod fillet served with jacket potatoes and lightly steamed vegetables.
Detox Plan Dinners
- Chinese vegetable stir fry – Stir fry a selection of vegetables such as bok choi, spring onions, mushrooms, bamboo shoots and beansprouts in a little olive oil with garlic and ginger. Serve with brown rice.
- Baked salmon with jacket potato – Bake a salmon fillet and serve with a jacket potato and steamed vegetables.
- Tuna and prawns with noodles – Gently fry a selection of vegetables such as onions, mushrooms, peppers, courgette and leek in a little olive oil. When lightly browned, add a handful of prawns. Cook for a few minutes, then add canned tomatoes, tomato puree, black pepper and tuna canned in water. Bring to the boil and simmer until the sauce thickens. Serve with rice noodles.
- Sweet and sour stir fry with rice – Gently fry a selection of chopped vegetables such as onions, peppers, baby sweetcorn and mushrooms. Add canned pineapple (in fruit juice), canned tomatoes, tomato purée, white wine vinegar and honey. Bring to the boil and simmer until the sauce has thickened. Serve with brown rice.
- Potato and bean casserole – Gently fry a selection of typical casserole vegetables such as onion, carrots and parsnip in a little olive oil with garlic. When browned, add diced potato and fry for a few minutes. Add fresh vegetable stock, black pepper and your favourite beans. Bring to the boil and simmer until the casserole thickens.
Detox Plan Snacks
- Fresh fruit or fresh fruit salad
- Natural yoghurt mixed with honey
- Plain popcorn
- Handful of unsalted nuts or seeds
- Also see our post on healthy snack foods
Cleanse & Detox Pro-Tip:
Please remember that colon and digestive health is not something to just do once in a while – it is something you should pay attention to and maintain on an ongoing basis. With dietary change to better, healthier and more fibrous foods you should be able to maintain good colon health.
Find This Post Useful?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating: / 5. Vote count:
Lose Weight Fast: Discover Our Best Flat Belly Diet Pills For 2019
Overall Rating: 9.9/10
Phen375 is the all natural, powerful phentermine alternative with a difference. Our #1 choice for fast, safe, effective fat burning and weight loss. Phen375 also offers a 60-day money-back guarantee on every order so you know the product is good!
Innovative weight loss product Phen375 combines a powerful appetite suppressing, fat burning weight loss supplement with a gentle metabolism booster, providing a unique, 24-hour weight loss solution. (Check out some of the success stories on the official website).
Made with clinically backed ingredients and vegetarian and vegan friendly capsules, Phen375 burns calories, increases metabolism and boosts energy levels, while reducing cravings, promoting better sleep and encouraging fat breakdown 24-7.
If you're serious about losing weight and care about your health, then Phen375 should be your choice.
Pro-Tip: Buy the multi-bottle packs for the best value price! Learn More…
Overall Rating: 9.5/10
Pure Forskolin 250 gives your weight loss efforts a big boost by increasing fat breaking enzymes and hormones within the body. You’ll break through stored fat and excess calories, making your weight loss journey quick and easy.
Forskolin has been shown in clinical tests to ‘elicit favorable changes in body composition by significantly decreasing body fat percentage and fat mass…’
The active ingredient found in the product has also been used for years to treat a variety of different ailments and conditions. The ingredient is safe, beneficial, and has received very positive medical trial results. Forskolin helps to increase your metabolism, allowing your body to burn through more calories each day, meaning you’ll lose weight faster. Learn More…
Overall Rating: 9/10
Phen24 keeps your metabolism ticking throughout the night, eliminates the evening cravings that can undo your weight loss efforts and helps you get the restorative sleep you need to regulate your hunger hormones and make better dieting decisions during your waking hours.
By day, you’ll feel more energized and motivated to exercise (helping you further increase your metabolism to burn even more calories). And because Phen24 boosts your metabolism throughout the day as well as the night, you’ll be burning calories 24/7.