A sunburn is a burn to the skin produced by overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation, commonly from the sun ‘s rays. Anyone who visits a beach, goes fishing, works in the yard, or simply is out in the sun can get sunburn. Improper tanning bed use is also a source of sunburn. When your skin is exposed to sunlight, it produces a pigment called melanin to help protect itself against ultraviolet light.
This is what makes your skin go darker and is what you see as a suntan. While the symptoms are usually temporary (such as red skin that is painful to the touch), the skin damage is often permanent and can have serious long-term health effects, including skin cancer. There is the formation of UV induced sunburn cells and a reduction in Langerhan cells and mast cells, which play an essential part of the body’s immune defence system.
Sunburn is from over-exposure to the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Solar erythema is associated with microscopic changes in the skin, detectable within 30 minutes of exposure to UVR. The most characteristic changes include formation of epidermal sunburn cells, damaged keratinocytes with hyaline cytoplasm, and pyknotic nuclei. Sunburn can be life-threatening and is a leading cause of cancer.
Sunburn can easily be prevented through the use of sunscreen, clothing (and hats), and by limiting solar exposure, especially during the middle of the day. The less melanin you have, the less protected you are against the effects of UV light. There is no vending on site (not even ice) — gifting among participants is encouraged, but cash transactions are forbidden (the proceeds from the admission fee go entirely to cover event expenses).
If you have fair skin or red hair, or have not been in the sun much, you have less melanin so are more likely to burn quickly. SunBurn is a leave no trace event. As at Burning Man, all attendees are encouraged to participate in some way rather than being spectators to others’ participation.
Causes of Sunburn
The common Causes of Sunburn :
- Sunburn is caused by excessive exposure of the skin to UVR.
- UV-B radiation is much more potent at inducing erythema than UV-A and is, therefore, the principal cause of sunburn (about 85%).
- The ultraviolet spectrum can be divided into ultraviolet A (UV-A), 320-400 nm; ultraviolet B (UV-B), 290-320 nm; and ultraviolet C (UV-C), 200-290 nm.
- Travel to the southern United States, regions close to the equator, and places at high altitudes all offer the unwary visitor an opportunity to be injured by sunburn.
- Radiation is 80% reflected by snow and ice, compared to 20% by sand.
- Certain light-skinned and fair-haired people are at greater risk of sunburn injury.
Symptoms of Sunburn
Some are common Symptoms of Sunburn :
- Nausea or vomiting or both
- Skin loss – About 4-7 days after exposure
- Red, tender skin that is warm to touch.
- Blisters that develop hours to days later.
- Skin peeling on sunburned areas several days after the sunburn.
- Tenderness and/or irritation
- Severe reactions (sometimes called “sun poisoning”), including fever , chills, nausea, or rash
- Blistering (severe cases)
- Erythema (redness)
Treatment of Sunburn
Here is list of the methods for treating Strabismus :
- Avoid sun exposure, especially between 10am to 2pm
- Wear protective clothing, including wide-brimmed hats
- Apply a soothing lotion to the skin.
- An over-the-counter pain medication, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen may be helpful.
- Aloe contains active compounds that help stop pain and inflammation of the skin.
- Avoid lotions that contain topical anesthetic medications because you can become sensitized and then allergic to that medicine.
- Medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen , and naproxen are useful, especially when started early
Sunburn Home Remedies
A sunburn is a burn to the skin produced by overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation, commonly from the sun ‘s rays. It in a very light-skinned person may occur in less than 15 minutes of midday sun exposure, while a dark-skinned person may tolerate the same exposure for hours. Anyone who visits a beach, goes fishing, works in the yard, or simply is out in the sun can get sunburn.
Improper tanning bed use is also a source of sunburn. It reduces the stretchiness of the skin and can cause premature aging and wrinkling of the skin, as well as the formation of age spots. Sunburn may also occur from exposure to other UV light sources such as solaria or tanning salons. Sunburn can be life-threatening and is a leading cause of cancer. It can easily be prevented through the use of sunscreen, clothing (and hats), and by limiting solar exposure, especially during the middle of the day.
Home Remedies for Sunburn
Below are presented a few Sunburn cure home remedies:
- Mix 2 teaspoon tomato juice and 4 tablespoon buttermilk and apply on the face. Leave for 1/2 hour, and wash off.
- Apply aloe vera or vinegar on the affected skin; it will stop inflammation and pain.
- Cut fresh cucumber slices and rub them on the affected area. Before taking bath, add some baking powder to the bath water, this will help to soothe the burnt skin.
- Apply apple cider vinegar to the burnt skin using cotton ball.
- A thin paste of sandalwood applied to the sunburn area is beneficial.
- Mix olive oil with equal quantity of vinegar and apply an hour before your bath.
- Make a paste of Barley, turmeric and yogurt in equal proportions. Apply it over the area of sunburns.
Find This Post Useful?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating: / 5. Vote count:
Lose Weight Fast: Discover Our Best Flat Belly Diet Pills For 2019
Overall Rating: 9.9/10
Phen375 is the all natural, powerful phentermine alternative with a difference. Our #1 choice for fast, safe, effective fat burning and weight loss. Phen375 also offers a 60-day money-back guarantee on every order so you know the product is good!
Innovative weight loss product Phen375 combines a powerful appetite suppressing, fat burning weight loss supplement with a gentle metabolism booster, providing a unique, 24-hour weight loss solution. (Check out some of the success stories on the official website).
Made with clinically backed ingredients and vegetarian and vegan friendly capsules, Phen375 burns calories, increases metabolism and boosts energy levels, while reducing cravings, promoting better sleep and encouraging fat breakdown 24-7.
If you're serious about losing weight and care about your health, then Phen375 should be your choice.
Pro-Tip: Buy the multi-bottle packs for the best value price! Learn More…
Overall Rating: 9.5/10
Pure Forskolin 250 gives your weight loss efforts a big boost by increasing fat breaking enzymes and hormones within the body. You’ll break through stored fat and excess calories, making your weight loss journey quick and easy.
Forskolin has been shown in clinical tests to ‘elicit favorable changes in body composition by significantly decreasing body fat percentage and fat mass…’
The active ingredient found in the product has also been used for years to treat a variety of different ailments and conditions. The ingredient is safe, beneficial, and has received very positive medical trial results. Forskolin helps to increase your metabolism, allowing your body to burn through more calories each day, meaning you’ll lose weight faster. Learn More…
Overall Rating: 9/10
Phen24 keeps your metabolism ticking throughout the night, eliminates the evening cravings that can undo your weight loss efforts and helps you get the restorative sleep you need to regulate your hunger hormones and make better dieting decisions during your waking hours.
By day, you’ll feel more energized and motivated to exercise (helping you further increase your metabolism to burn even more calories). And because Phen24 boosts your metabolism throughout the day as well as the night, you’ll be burning calories 24/7.