A cold is a contagious viral disease which infects the soft lining (mucous membrane) of the nose. Sneezing, scratchy throat, runny nose. You may also have a sore throat, cough, headache, or other symptoms. Over 200 viruses can cause a cold. Colds typically last three to five days, with residual coughing lasting up to three weeks.
A cold may last for about one week, but some colds last longer, especially in children, elderly people, and those in poor health.
Usually, it is a mild condition, recovery taking place within about a week. It is different from influenza, a more severe viral infection of the respiratory tract that shows the additional symptoms of rapidly rising fever, chills, and body and muscle aches. Children usually get colds from other children.
When a new strain is introduced into a school or day care, it quickly travels through the class. The primary family of viruses that cause common colds in adults are the rhinoviruses.
In the course of a year, people in the United States suffer 1 billion colds, according to some estimates. Infection rates greater than three infections per year per person are not uncommon in some populations. Colds are highly contagious. They most often spread when droplets of fluid that contain a cold virus are transferred by touch.
Over-the-counter medications can provide temporary relief of symptoms and should be used as soon as you feel a cold coming on. There are many different viruses that can cause cold symptoms, but about half of the time a cold is caused by a class of viruses called rhinoviruses. There are more than one hundred kinds of rhinoviruses.
If the virus makes it into the cells lining the lungs , then they start producing fluid and mucus as well, which produces the cough. While the common cold itself is rarely life threatening, its complications, such as pneumonia , can very well be.
Causes of Common Cold
The comman causes of Common cold include the following :
- The common cold is caused by a family of viruses called Rhinoviruses.
- A common cold results from exposure to the virus.
- It also spreads by hand-to-hand contact with someone who has a cold or by using shared objects, such as utensils, towels, toys or telephones.
- Low vitality.
- Lack of slip.
- There are hundreds of different types of virus that can cause a cold, which explains why children get repeated colds.
Symptoms of Common Cold
Some sign and symptoms related to Common cold are as follows :
- Runny & stuffy nose.
- Slight body aches or a mild headache
- Weakened senses of taste and smell.
- Scratchy throat.
- A feeling of being unwell.
- A high temperature. Children are more likely to run a temperature than adults.
- Sore throat.
- Dry cough.
Treatment of Common cold
Here is list of the methods for treating Common cold :
- There is no need to reduce daily activities but you should expect to become tired more easily.
- The symptoms can be relieved by warm drinks.
- Avoid close contact with people who have a cold, especially during the first few days when they are most likely to spread the infection.
- Plenty of rest and drinking adequate amounts of fluid are both very important in treating a cold.
- Cough suppressants help relieve the dry cough associated with a cold. (Specific products may be recommended by a physician or pharmacist.)
- Petroleum jelly for raw, chapped skin around the nose and lips.
- Warm steam for congestion.
Find This Post Useful?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating: / 5. Vote count:
Lose Weight Fast: Discover Our Best Flat Belly Diet Pills For 2019
Overall Rating: 9.9/10
Phen375 is the all natural, powerful phentermine alternative with a difference. Our #1 choice for fast, safe, effective fat burning and weight loss. Phen375 also offers a 60-day money-back guarantee on every order so you know the product is good!
Innovative weight loss product Phen375 combines a powerful appetite suppressing, fat burning weight loss supplement with a gentle metabolism booster, providing a unique, 24-hour weight loss solution. (Check out some of the success stories on the official website).
Made with clinically backed ingredients and vegetarian and vegan friendly capsules, Phen375 burns calories, increases metabolism and boosts energy levels, while reducing cravings, promoting better sleep and encouraging fat breakdown 24-7.
If you're serious about losing weight and care about your health, then Phen375 should be your choice.
Pro-Tip: Buy the multi-bottle packs for the best value price! Learn More…
Overall Rating: 9.5/10
Pure Forskolin 250 gives your weight loss efforts a big boost by increasing fat breaking enzymes and hormones within the body. You’ll break through stored fat and excess calories, making your weight loss journey quick and easy.
Forskolin has been shown in clinical tests to ‘elicit favorable changes in body composition by significantly decreasing body fat percentage and fat mass…’
The active ingredient found in the product has also been used for years to treat a variety of different ailments and conditions. The ingredient is safe, beneficial, and has received very positive medical trial results. Forskolin helps to increase your metabolism, allowing your body to burn through more calories each day, meaning you’ll lose weight faster. Learn More…
Overall Rating: 9/10
Phen24 keeps your metabolism ticking throughout the night, eliminates the evening cravings that can undo your weight loss efforts and helps you get the restorative sleep you need to regulate your hunger hormones and make better dieting decisions during your waking hours.
By day, you’ll feel more energized and motivated to exercise (helping you further increase your metabolism to burn even more calories). And because Phen24 boosts your metabolism throughout the day as well as the night, you’ll be burning calories 24/7.