The conjunctiva is the thin, clear membrane over the white part of the eye; it also lines the eyelids. It is a fairly common condition and usually causes no danger to the eye or your child’s vision. Acute conjunctivitis is redness and soreness (inflammation) of the clear covering (the conjunctiva) which coats the white of the eye and lines the inside of the eye lids.
The three most common types of conjunctivitis are: viral , allergic , and bacterial. Each requires different treatments. Often called “pink eye,” it is an inflammation of the conjunctiva, the tissue that lines the inside of the eyelid. Inflammation of this membrane is called conjunctivitis. Its common name, pink eye, can refer to all forms of conjunctivitis, or just to its contagious forms.
Pink eye may make you feel as if you’ve got something in one or both of your eyes that you just can’t remove. The term describes any inflammatory process that involves the conjunctiva; however, to most patients, conjunctivitis (often called pink eye) is a diagnosis in its own right.
The conjunctiva is a loose connective tissue that covers the surface of the eyeball (bulbar conjunctiva) and reflects back upon itself to form the inner layer of the eyelid (palpebral conjunctiva). It usually affects both eyes at the same time although it may start in one eye and spread to the other after a day or two.
The viral type is often associated with an upper respiratory tract infection, cold, or sore throat. Gonorrheal conjunctivitis generally produces a profuse, pus-like discharge. Left untreated, it can lead to blindness. Viral conjunctival infections are thought to be caused by airborne respiratory droplets or direct transfer from one’s fingers to the conjunctival surface of the eyelids. Overall however, there are many causes of pink eye.
These can be classified as either infectious or noninfectious. Pink eye caused by bacteria, viruses, and STDs can spread easily from person to person, but is not a serious health risk if diagnosed promptly. With antibiotic treatment, it typically goes away without complications.
Causes of Conjunctivitis
Here are the list of the possible causes of Conjunctivitis :
- A chemical splash in the eye.
- A foreign object in the eye.
- Conjunctivitis is most commonly caused by infection.
- Radiation, especially the ultraviolet in sunlight.
- Too much wind blowing on the eyes.
- The most common cause of infectious conjunctivitis, especially in older children, is a viral infection.
- Irritants such as shampoos, dirt, smoke, and pool chlorine.
Symptoms of Conjunctivitis
Some sign and symptoms related to Conjunctivitis are as follows :
- Redness in the white of the eye or inner eyelid.
- Greater amount of tears.
- Burning eyes (especially in conjunctivitis caused by chemicals and irritants).
- Blurred vision.
- Infection usually begins with one eye, but may spread easily to the fellow eye.
- Swollen eyelids.
- Gritty feeling in the eyes.
- Sensitivity to light.
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Here is list of the methods for treating Conjunctivitis :
- Patients who wish to return to hydrogel (soft) CLs should use peroxide disinfection systems or daily disposable hydrogel CLs.
- Antibiotic eye ointment, in place of eyedrops, is sometimes prescribed for treating bacterial pink eye in children.
- Topical mast cell-stabilizing solutions (eg, cromolyn sodium, lodoxamide) may offer a pharmacological alternative for these patients, although CL cessation is the most effective treatment.
- Cool water may help to soothe the redness and itching.
- Different types of eyedrops : Antihistamines, Decongestants, Mast cell stabilizers, Steroids and Anti-inflammatory drops.
Find This Post Useful?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating: / 5. Vote count:
Lose Weight Fast: Discover Our Best Flat Belly Diet Pills For 2019
Overall Rating: 9.9/10
Phen375 is the all natural, powerful phentermine alternative with a difference. Our #1 choice for fast, safe, effective fat burning and weight loss. Phen375 also offers a 60-day money-back guarantee on every order so you know the product is good!
Innovative weight loss product Phen375 combines a powerful appetite suppressing, fat burning weight loss supplement with a gentle metabolism booster, providing a unique, 24-hour weight loss solution. (Check out some of the success stories on the official website).
Made with clinically backed ingredients and vegetarian and vegan friendly capsules, Phen375 burns calories, increases metabolism and boosts energy levels, while reducing cravings, promoting better sleep and encouraging fat breakdown 24-7.
If you're serious about losing weight and care about your health, then Phen375 should be your choice.
Pro-Tip: Buy the multi-bottle packs for the best value price! Learn More…
Overall Rating: 9.5/10
Pure Forskolin 250 gives your weight loss efforts a big boost by increasing fat breaking enzymes and hormones within the body. You’ll break through stored fat and excess calories, making your weight loss journey quick and easy.
Forskolin has been shown in clinical tests to ‘elicit favorable changes in body composition by significantly decreasing body fat percentage and fat mass…’
The active ingredient found in the product has also been used for years to treat a variety of different ailments and conditions. The ingredient is safe, beneficial, and has received very positive medical trial results. Forskolin helps to increase your metabolism, allowing your body to burn through more calories each day, meaning you’ll lose weight faster. Learn More…
Overall Rating: 9/10
Phen24 keeps your metabolism ticking throughout the night, eliminates the evening cravings that can undo your weight loss efforts and helps you get the restorative sleep you need to regulate your hunger hormones and make better dieting decisions during your waking hours.
By day, you’ll feel more energized and motivated to exercise (helping you further increase your metabolism to burn even more calories). And because Phen24 boosts your metabolism throughout the day as well as the night, you’ll be burning calories 24/7.