Bee Pollen is said to be “the world’s most perfect food”. It is a powder like material produced by the anthers of the flowering plants and gathered by bees.
It contains protein, carbohydrate, fatty acids, B complex vitamins, vitamin C, carotene, calcium, copper, iron, potassium, manganese, sodium, magnesium, plant sterols, and enzymes. It contains the essence of every plant from which bees collect pollen, in combination with digestive enzymes from the bees.
Today, scientists realize that bee pollen contains healing properties that create a feeling of rejuvenation within the body. New scientific discoveries reveal how bee pollen has been able to extend the life span as well as heal ailments.
Claims and Common Uses:
- Antimicrobial effect
- Excellent source of antioxidants
- May relieve anemia, cerebral hemorrhage, colitis and constipation
- Provides energy for the entire body
- Pollen extracts can reduce blood lipid levels and suppress the development of atherosclerotic plaque formation.
- Good for hay fever and allergies
- Strengthens the immune system and enhances vitality
- Combats fatigue, depression and improves alertness
- Beneficial for nausea, sleep disorders, and urinary and rectal disorders following radiation treatment
- Athletes often use this supplement to help increase stamina, strength, endurance, energy and speed
- Aids the body in recovering from exercise, returning breathing and heart rate to normal, and improves endurance for repeat exertion
Preparations: Gelatin caps, tablets and granules
Side Effects and Warnings of Bee Pollen:
- It is strongly advised that only commercial products be used and to follow the directions on the label.
- Asthma, angioedema and dyspnea
- Some people may be allergic after ingesting bee pollen. It is best to try a small amount at first and watch for a developing rash, wheezing, discomfort, or any other signs of a reaction. If symptoms occur, discontinue taking bee pollen.
Find This Post Useful?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating: / 5. Vote count:
Be the first to rate this post.