Claims and Common Uses:
- Weight loss aid
- Used as a diuretic and laxative
- Proven effective against gallstones
- May help prevent iron- deficiency anemia due to its high mineral content.
- Aids digestion and a home remedy for stomach ache
- Liver tonic; aids in treatment of liver disorders including cirrhosis, jaundice, enlargement of the liver, hepatitis, and chronic inflammation.
- Has tonic properties that benefits the body as a whole
- May be beneficial in the treatment of PMS
Parts Used: Root and leaves
Preparations: Dried root, fluid extract, tincture, juice, powdered solid extract.
- Dandelion is best prepared by boiling in water, then chilling.
Side Effects and Warnings of Dandelion: Dandelion is very safe. No toxic or adverse effects have been reported.