Claims and Common Uses:
- General tonic and blood purifier
- Mild diuretic
- Used in the treatment of psoriasis due to its endotoxin-binding action.
- Relieves swelling and soreness of rheumatism and arthritis
- May enhance physical performance
- Beneficial for urinary problems
Parts Used: Root
Preparations: Dried root, liquid and solid extract
Side Effects and Warnings of Sarsaparilla:
- May cause irritation of mucous membranes (throat, intestines)
- May interfere with absorption of simultaneously administered drugs
- Do not take large doses for long periods of time
Find This Post Useful?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating: / 5. Vote count:
Be the first to rate this post.